Results and Photo Gallery 2012
Well it may have been ideal conditions for running but it wasn't for photography. So apologies for what images there are, but it was so dark that most photos came out blurry. So there are a few pics this time round....and hopefully with a couple of weeks before the next race for nights to get lighter, you can look forward to some better ones next time! Follow this link for pics. And follow this link for full results.
Here's a report of the evening with many thanks to Mike Raynes....
There were new winners in the York and District 10k road running league as David Thomas and Emma Willits took the honours as a record field of 260 runners assembled for the first race of the series at Pocklington last Tuesday night.
Much improved Chris Roberts from Knavesmire Harriers took up the early running as the field headed out of Pocklington but was soon joined at the front by triathlete David Thomas and Willam New as this trio pulled well clear of the chasing pack. There were no significant breaks until around the 8k mark as Chris Roberts began to drop back to leave Thomas and New to fight for the win. William New opened up a slight lead but it was not enough as Thomas kicked for home with about 600m to go to win by just 20m in a time of 34.54. William New comfortably took 2nd as Roberts came in 3rd.
The women's race was not as close as the mens as York Acorn's Emma Willits took an early lead with her namesake Emma Yates from Knavesmire. However, up the long hill at 3k Emma Willits began to pull away to win in a personal best time of 38.39 almost two minutes clear of Emma Yates who was in turn well clear of 3rd placed Andrea Lancaster.
The next race in the series is at Tadcaster on Tuesday May 15th.
1. David Thomas (York Triathlon Club) 34.54
2. William New (Knavesmire Harriers) 34.58
3. Chris Roberts (Knavesmire Harriers) 35.13
4. Ian Anderson (Knavesmire Harriers) 36.06
5. Mark Dowson (York Acorn) 36.18
6. Michael Raynes (York Acorn) 36.24
7. Dale Boyeson (York Triathlon Club) 36.36
8. Ben Hamilton (Selby) 36.49
9. Mark Whiteman (Easingwold) 37.28
10. Mark Lawrence (Knavesmire Harriers) 37.35
1. Emma Willits (York Acorn) 38.39
2. Emma Yates (Knavesmire Harriers) 40.29
3. Andrea Lancaster (Knavesmire Harriers) 42.49
4. Becky Hair (Easingwold) 42.54
5. Sarah Douglas (Knavesmire Harriers) 43.26
6. Nik Vogan (Knavesmire Harriers) 44.15
7. Rachel Lightfooot (York Triathlon Club) 44.18
8. Alison Thornton (Pocklington) 44.47
9. Jill Dowson (Pocklington) 45.05
10. Kim England (Pickering) 45.07